My sources tell me that today it is raining in lots of place around the world. Either that or it’s just plain grey, chilly and not remotely springlike at all. Not good at all for a Saturday ;(.
However, the good news is that being stuck in the rain has at least one major benefit and that is, rain means time for cooking (and not singing as one might have previosuly heard!)
And, what else could cheer you up more than a delicious looking pizza like this one? I found these lovely photos on a new blog I am very much enjoying called tomatoesinlove (which I highly recommend you check out) and fell in love. So, on this grey and miserable Saturday, my advice to all you ladies stuck inside for the afternoon is as follows:
1) Ogle over this photography for a moment
2) Grab your apron
3) Put on some tunes
4) Cook up a feast
5) Sit snugly with your favourite DVD and a gooey, gorgeous slice of pizza. Or two.
And here’s how:
* Chop up some butternut squash, lightly coat with olive oil and then roast for 30 minutes.
* Make dough (click here for tips or alternatively pop to the shop for ready made pizza bases!)
* Spoon over some tomato sauce – whatever you have at home works, plain tomato puree from a tin, tomato pasta sauce or freshly made with tomatoes you have in the fridge.
* Tear up some mozzarella (or any other grated/blue cheese) and scatter in across the tomato
* Place your roasted butternut and some red onion on top.
* Bake for 10 minutes or so.
* Add a touch of basil or pesto on the top.
(N.B If you don’t have butternut or red onion at home, courgette, white onion, aubergine, olives, even potato would work as a substitute!)
Simply delicious. And suddenly the rain matters just a little less……..Happy Cooking.
P.S If its not raining where you are I see absolutely no reason not to find an excuse to cook this anyway!